Sunday, June 6, 2010

because i *clearly* don't have enough going on... ;)

so, tomorrow morning marks my return to teaching sunday school. i can't wait to get there and see all those young faces and get right in there with them and have some fun... i just love grade 5 kids!! ok, granted, they're not my all-time fave. that would be grade 6. then grades 7&8 are a very close second. then grade 5. and i'm hoping that after tomorrow, i can add grade 4 to that list, since it's a grade 4/5 class. LOL

and i know, i know, there are some of you out there reading this going, "is she insane??? the younger kids are where it's at!!" ah, gentle reader, how so very wrong you are. i think anyone who works with young kids is certifiable. yes, mom, that means you, who spent your entire career (and a fair chunk of your retirement) teaching kindergarten. i just think that's crazy. nope. put me in a room like that and, well, let's just say it wouldn't be pretty. BUT!! gimme a room full of grade 6's and i'm a happy woman!! :) anyhoo....


so the lesson plan inspired me, and i decided to make some play-doh, based on one of the activities. the kids are gonna test-drive it for me and let me know how it works out. but to do this,i looked up play-dough recipes on allrecipes.com and found a few there, but i wasn't entirely satisfied with them. so i googled it, and checked out another website called amazingmoms.com because they have a play-doh recipe. so!!! so here's the recipe:

3 cups flour
1 1/2 cups salt
3 cups water
2 tbsp vegetable oil
1 tbsp cream of tartar
food colouring

Mix ALL of the ingredients in a large saucepan.
Cook over medium low heat, until the dough comes away from the edges of the pan and it becomes difficult to move the spoon. Remove from heat. Cool until it can be handled.
Place on counter or wax paper knead 3-4 times.
Store in an air tight container.


awesome!!! i am sooooooo excited about this!! i'll post later and let you know how it all turned out.

0 comments:

Why I Write Here

i like this blog. this is where i write about homelife. my kids, my pets, recipes, natural cleaning products, gardening, cool finds... that's what i write about here. this is the hands-on part of my personal journey. i'm reclaiming myself, a self i lost in a hospital somewhere, among all the meds, plastic, waste and complexity that comes with Special Needs parenting. i crave simplicity, and this is my journey to create it for my family and me.

i'm prolific! check out my other blogs!

you like me! you REALLY like me!!

i'm on facebook! add me! :)

 

My Simple Life | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates