Saturday, June 14, 2008

a friend takes some stamps and i learn something new!

thank-you, monika, for popping over this afternoon. i can't wait to make the perogies (a favourite in our house!).

and monika told me how to make my own cottage cheese! woohoo! i'm so excited - i want to make it right now! it'll have to wait, i think, but seriously, yay! :)

take some milk. add some buttermilk. let it sit for about 4 days at room temperature. then cook very slowly until it looks cottage cheese-like. and voila! homemade cottage cheese (which is, when you think about it, the very definition of cottage cheese, but i digress).

thanks again, monika. you rock! anyone wanna make some cheese with me?

0 comments:

Why I Write Here

i like this blog. this is where i write about homelife. my kids, my pets, recipes, natural cleaning products, gardening, cool finds... that's what i write about here. this is the hands-on part of my personal journey. i'm reclaiming myself, a self i lost in a hospital somewhere, among all the meds, plastic, waste and complexity that comes with Special Needs parenting. i crave simplicity, and this is my journey to create it for my family and me.

i'm prolific! check out my other blogs!

you like me! you REALLY like me!!

i'm on facebook! add me! :)

 

My Simple Life | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates